Monday, February 22, 2010

My 2 Reasons

Hi there Scrappers! It's me, Aphra. Just wanted to share my first layout for TM Design Team 2010. The requirements were as follows:

1. The layout must be about yourself.
2. The layout must contain an 8x10 or larger photo of yourself.
3. The layout must include a creative title that describes yourself.
4. The layout must be a two-page layout.

My Two Reasons: My layout includes a picture of me with my two sons, who give meaning to my life and are the main reason for my scrapbooking.

I cut my 8x10 photo into three strips to give a little more movement to my layout and to really bring the eye to the focal point of my photo. For this layout, I chose My Mind's Eye Ooo La La Girl paper. LOVE these bright, cheerful colors.

To create my title, I used my MM Slice and the Animal Crackers cartridge to cut out alphas and a large number. I spritzed the number with Tattered Angels Turquoise Glimmer Mist. And to make all those cute alphas stand out, I outlined them with my black Zig Writer.

The base butterflies on my layout are cut from a Hambly Transparency and topped with a Martha Stewart large butterfly punched from a sheet of the My Mind's Eye Ooo La La paper. I used some of the MME die cuts for their centers and to create this little cluster at the top. The cluster is anchored by a snippet of Prima packaging, the one that the blue paper flowers came in. And those book paper flowers? I made those myself. They are also spritzed with Glimmer Mist.

All of these products (except for the Martha Stewart butterfly punch) are available at Treasured Memories. Be sure to head over to the store and see all the new products rolling in since CHA. See ya'll soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment