Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Aphra's April Layout

We had our April Design Team Meeting at Treasured Memories a couple of weeks ago, and it is finally my turn to share my layout. This month I had Prima's Umbrella line, a wood sheet by Creative Imaginations, Prima's felt ferns and tiny blossoms, Melody Ross chipboard, a Treasured Memories Trinket pin, Core'dinations Cardstock, and biscuits. Here's what I came up with.
No Matter What the Weather
The paper had so many bright, busy patterns. I wanted to use them all but also wanted to still have some white space and allow the patterns to show. Sooooo . . . I cut circles into my cardstock and then placed the patterned paper behind them. I used pop dots to attach the patterned paper to the back, so there would be a little dimension.

I covered the chipboard parenthesis with one of the patterns and grounded my title with the lined pattern. I also sanded the Core'dinations cardstock to reveal the alphas.

Here you can see more chipboard (house and tree). I used the wood paper as shingles and a planter box on the little house. I cut up the Prima fern and flower bouquet to create bushes and flowers for the planter box. The house and tree trunk are covered with more Core'dinations, lightly sanded to show the red core. The fruit on the tree was created with biscuits and Kaisercraft blue bling. And I used the amazing Treasured Memories trinket as the smoke coming out of the chimney. That's the most beautiful smoke ever!

This fabulous line by Prima is available at the store. In fact, Wendy created an amazing layout fo her class this month. Be sure to stop in and tell them Aphra sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment