Thursday, May 6, 2010

Frances' April Layout

Hello ladies! Frances here. Hope everyone is has had a glorious April! April is one of my most favorite times of the year. The weather is warm, you can wear white, and time to get those plants in the ground. I am here today to share my April project for Treasured Memories. I am really enjoying this design team. Janet changed things up a bit and we are getting to work with kits full of the latest and greatest products! I was soooo lucky to be given the Flutter Collection by Making Memories, a piece of Coordinations Cardstock, a sheet of wood, and a handful of embellishments to incorporate into my layout. Take a look...

Our Family Tree
Sweet huh? I just love the way this layout came together. I knew that I was going to have to incorporate the wood in my layout, and I just felt it needed to have some significance. That is precisely how I came up with the focus of my layout...a tree in my in-laws front yard. This tree is quite special to me. I stood in front of that tree on my wedding day with my hubby, we stand in front of that tree every Easter Sunday, and I have also taken numerous pics of my kiddos in this tree throughout the years. We have basically documented the growth of our family in front of that tree.

Here are a few close-ups...

I just love the Coordinations Cardstock I received in my kit. I was just perfect for the clouds on my layout.
Since it is Spring, I am totally in the flower mood...isn't everybody? And instead of using packaged flowers, I decided to make all of the flowers. I made paper strip flowers, cabbage flowers, 3-D heart flowers, and rolled flowers...I had a blast!!


I received a Melody Ross chipboard house in my kit, which I covered with patterned paper. I chose to not to cut out the door and windows so it would look like a bird house. I used a big turquoise vintage button from my stash for the hole in the house.


Do ya see that gorgeous pin? This is a Treasured Memories exclusive. Janet and her crew have been slaving making these babies. I actually got two of these pins in my kit, but only used one...guess you will be seeing it again sometime soon!

Well that is all for today. Stay tuned...the rest of the design team will be posting their projects soon. HAPPY MAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment